Elite Academy Team
The primary objective for Orix is to prepare players for soccer opportunities beyond the youth ranks. The program allows players aged 14-18, to train year round in a professional environment and focuses on the technical, fitness, and mental aspects of the game. We develop players who believe they have the potential to become elite players but are not afforded a pathway through the existing soccer establishment.
Program participants will play in approximately 75 plus matches each program year against competition which is equivalent to the highest youth level competition available in the province.
During the Fall/Winter session players will train a minimum once per week and play 30-35 games through league play. During the Spring/Summer session players will train a minimum of 2 times per week and play in 35-40 games through league and tournament play.
Several matches per year will be filmed and made available for players to download to produce video reels for college recruitment or professional trials.
For the duration of the program all players will be required to maintain a minimum fitness level to be eligible for Orix match play. While fitness is a focus throughout the year, players will participate in an intense fitness program in June/July, led by a professional fitness trainer.
At the end of each program year the Orix Academy Elite team will travel to Europe to participate in a top European tournament. The cost of trip will be fundraised by the players.
The program will accept a maximum of 18 players.
The objective of the program is to develop younger players or less experienced players into elite academy players. This program provides players an opportunity to receive elite training in a professional environment alongside Orix Elite Academy players. The program will focus on the technical, fitness, and mental aspects of the game. This program is designed for players who aspire to join the Elite Academy Team in the future.
The program is designed to develop younger or less experienced players into elite academy players. This program provides players an opportunity to receive elite training in a professional environment alongside Orix Elite Academy Team members. The program will focus on the technical, fitness, and mental aspects of the game. This program allows players to be fundamentally sound in all areas of the game prior to transitioning to the Elite Academy Team. Players in this program may be occasionally called up to play matches for the Elite Academy Team at the discretion of the coaching staff. This program will accept a maximum of 10 players.
Orix does not conduct open try outs. Any player can request an individual try out at any point in the program year at no cost. The player will be invited to train with the program for 2-4 weeks before a decision is rendered. After a try out players can either be selected to join the elite academy team or the Trainee Program. Players who are not selected can request another tryout after 6 months. In selecting players for the Elite Academy Team the focus is on current ability level and future potential. In selecting players for the Trainee Program the focus is primarily on the future potential of the player. Our goal is to ensure players reach that potential.
- Orix Elite is a year round development training program for players aged 14-18.
- Program will accept only 18 players for the Elite Academy Team and up to 10 players for the Trainee Program.
- Program will commence on August 1 of each year and end on July 31st of the following year.
- Fall/Winter Session runs from beginning of August to end of March.
- Spring/Summer Session runs from beginning of April to end of August.
- Several matches per year will be filmed and made available for players to download to produce video reels for college recruitment and professional trials.
- Elite Academy Team will travel to Europe every year to participate in a top European tournament (trip will be fundraised).
- Elite Academy Team Program Fee: $145 CAD per month (includes all tournament, match, facility, apparel and uniform fees including track suits or winter jackets)
- Trainee Program Fee: $70 CAD per month (includes all tournament, match, facility apparel and uniform fees excluding track suits or winter jackets.
- Program participants will be billed monthly by credit card from August 1 of each year until July 31st of the following year (inclusive)
- Players who join the program in mid season, will be billed until the end of that program year.
- Players can opt out at any point during the program (no refunds provided).
- Players who opt out of the program will not be permitted to cash out or receive any equivalent of any fundraised monies allocated for the Europe trip.
- Players are required to volunteer at the Orix Academy Soccer Clinic, a free one-day clinic for the children in the community. The clinic will be held on a date in July of every year.
To request a try out with Orix Academy please complete the form below.